[R-sig-Geo] SAS to R translation help wanted

Kamran Safi ksafi at orn.mpg.de
Wed Nov 9 11:38:37 CET 2011

Hi Anthony,

if I am not mistaken, David already started to translate his filter into
R. At least I know that he wanted to do so. If you really are keen, we
could give it a try. On the other hand the filter was implemented in
www.movebank.org
Theoretically, you can upload your data to movebank, filter it according
to David's filter rules and get it back into R. The advantage being that
your data is also standardised making it easier for you to recycle your
code and you have a central repository of your data. Also you can feed
the diag files to the data base.

We are currently thinking of ways to link movebank with R, so this might
be even the better option. Let me know what you think or what would be
most helpful to wildlife trackers.

Best,

Kami