[R-sig-Geo] map resolution

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed Nov 2 15:08:22 CET 2011

Mate,

"Resolution - the degree of detail visible in a photographic or television image."

I think you need to have a quick google of "resolution", and also look up DPI. Resolution is a decision you have to make depending on the  type of analysis and/or output you are chasing, and the degree of precision you want.

The only answer I can think of to your current question is that resolution is not necessarily related to scale.

hope that helps a little bit.

Ben