[R-sig-Geo] Join count analysis in R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed May 25 09:10:27 CEST 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011, geetha ramaswami wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do some join count statistical analysis on my data (a
> grid of 5000 cells with values 1 or 0) in order to determine whether
> there is spatial clustering of pixels. Is there a built-in function
> available in any of the spatial stats packages of R (I cannot seem to
> locate it, if it is present)?

See joincoint.test() in spdep for the original Cliff/Ord test. You'll need
to construct a weights object, probably using dnearneigh() and nb2listw()
in the same package, and ensure that the input data are in vector form in
the same order as the weights. See also the examples for joincoint.test()
and joincoint.multi().

Roger