[R-sig-Geo] plot order in spplot with sp.layout

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue May 24 09:35:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

An alternative approach is to use a custom panel function, which is even
more flexible that the solution Edzer suggested. To add polygons and
points to a grid map using a custom panel function:

spplot(grid_object, "layer_to_plot",
     panel = function(...) {
         panel.gridplot(...)
         sp.polygons(polygon_object)
         sp.points(point_object)
     })

see also the R wiki article on spatial data visualization [1].

cheers,
Paul

[1]
http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=tips:spatial-data:spatial_data_visualization