[R-sig-Geo] New version of adehabitatLT and adehabitatHR

Joy Stanistreet joy.stanistreet at noaa.gov
Thu May 19 18:29:55 CEST 2011

Hello,
I am trying to rediscretize a trajectory with steps of equal duration, and
having trouble with the "redisltraj" function in the updated AdehabitatLT. I
have an irregular trajectory with locations sampled approximately every 60
seconds. I am able to turn this into a regular trajectory with a 60 second
time interval with no problems. However, I would also like to resample the
trajectory at lower resolution, for example 120 second intervals. Whenever I
try to use the redisltraj function with a duration longer than the original
interval, R quits with no warning, or gives the following error, then quits:

   The instruction at "0x6c72c504" referenced memory at "0xc0240004". The
memory could not be "read."
   Click on OK to terminate the program
   Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I have tried this with several different datasets and get the same result
whenever I try to increase
the duration. This problem doesn't occur using any duration shorter than the
original. Is this a bug in
the redisltraj function that can be corrected, or am I simply misusing it?

Alternatively, I tried to use the "subsample" function on my regular
trajectory with 60 second intervals,
specifying a time lag of 120 seconds. This gives me the following error
every time:

   Error in `[.default`(res, , names(res) %in% which, drop = FALSE) :
    incorrect number of dimensions

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but any suggestions or help with
these functions would be greatly appreciated!