[R-sig-Geo] Generate a coordinate (latitude) image?

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:22:14 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Jonathan Greenberg
<greenberg at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Is there any way to take a raster and generate two outputs where
> each pixel is the center coordinate of that pixel (e.g. you will have
> one x- image and one y-image)?  I'm trying to produce a "latitude map"
> for solar calculations.
>
> --j

If you are using the spgrass6 library you should be able to use the
y() argument in the r.mapcalc command from GRASS. I say should because
I have only done this in GRASS directly not using spgrass6.

Hope this helps,
Michael

> --
> Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
> Assistant Project Scientist
> Center for Spatial Technologies and Remote Sensing (CSTARS)
> Department of Land, Air and Water Resources
> University of California, Davis
> One Shields Avenue
> Davis, CA 95616
> Phone: 415-763-5476
> AIM: jgrn307, MSN: jgrn307 at hotmail.com, Gchat: jgrn307

Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters