[R-sig-Geo] Spatially constrained hierarchical clustering, any news?

Georg Ruß research at georgruss.de
Fri May 6 21:17:03 CEST 2011

Hi List,

is there any news regarding a spatially constrained hierarchical
clustering algorithm implementation in R?

I found this post from 2005
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/56819.html
but nothing that really helped.

I also found the package 'rioja'
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rioja/rioja.pdf which contains some
constrained hierarchical clustering but that's not what I needed. I'd like
something with the interface of 'hclust' (read: dissimilarity matrix) but
which also allows in each step of the clustering to specify somehow which
of the clusters must not be merged.

Before I start digging into the hclust sources, I thought I'd rather ask.

Regards,
Georg.
--
Research Assistant