[R-sig-Geo] Variance estimation of an krigged area

Sébastien Durand v8extra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:16:17 CEST 2011

Hello list!

I am trying to find a way or a function that would allow me to get the variance estimation of an krigged area found within an SpatialPolygons

I have defined a rectangular regular SpatialGrid and krige every point in the grid.

Now I would like know how good is my kriging and to do so I wish to to get the "variance estimation" for the whole area.

Note I am not sure if the term "variance estimation" is a correct translation.

But any how I have been looking every where and I don't seem to find any solution to my problem

I looked at : ?krige ?predict.gstat and many more...

Could anybody show me how I can get to that value.

Thanks a lot?

Sébastien