[R-sig-Geo] install of new maptools package fails

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 22 17:25:48 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, William McCoy wrote:

> I tried updating my installed packages on R today since the new rgeos and
> maptools packages were out.  The update of the maptools package failed with
> the message:
>
>> ERROR: installing package indices failed

Which system - output of sessionInfo() and other relevant details, please?
The release has checked cleanly pre-submission on Redhat 5 x86_64, but I
don't see the -m64 flag for my regularly configured R on compiled code. It
checked OK on pre-release R 2.13 on 32-bit Fedora 14, and on the
development R 2.14, without the errors you list.

We can take this offlist until it is resolved if you like.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no