[R-sig-Geo] time-weighted kernel density interpolation

stepen.condors at gmail.com stepen.condors at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 06:05:41 CET 2011

Thanks for this Michael - I am investigating the trip library as we speak.

Another (potentially stupid) query:

I have a point pattern (as a ppp):

test.ppp = ppp(test.eastings, test.northings, xrange=c(1000000, 2000000), yrange=c(1000000,2000000))

I'd like to generate a grid over this area storing an associated intensity score with each grid cell - so that where points intersect that grid I can add some value to the intensity score of the cell they lie in (and surrounding ones ideally).

What grid method would you recommend?  and then how might you go about calculating the intersection of points and polygons?

Many Thanks
Stepen