[R-sig-Geo] spdep: show neighbors from "dnearneigh"

Kevin Ringelman kmringelman at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 21 18:45:24 CET 2011

Thanks for your help Roger.  I have a couple more questions.

print.default(nb) shows me what I'm looking for: for each region, I see the
regions that are within my distance band.  For example:

[[1]]
 [1]   2  10  11  15  17  18  19  32  40 554

[[2]]
 [1]   1  15  17  21  33  34 426 511 554 557

I want to make this information into a table, with the focal regions as
column 1, and the region IDs of it's neighbors as column 2 (similar to
neighbor analysis output in ArcGIS).  Continuing the example from above:
1	2
1	10
1	11
1	15
1	17
(etc.)

Even after I nuke the nb class
U <- unclass(nb)
I still can't access or manipulate the data...it doesn't appear as an
attribute
attribute(U)

Any suggestions?