[R-sig-Geo] simple spplot problem (colorkey inside the plotting area)

Georg Ruß research at georgruss.de
Tue Mar 15 20:07:45 CET 2011

On 15/03/11 16:42:15, Stowasser Rainer wrote:
> I'm using spplot to color regions of Austria
> Everything works fine
> But I like to have the colorkey INSIDE the plotting area (in the Bavaria
> window :-)
>
> space just puts it outside (top, bottom, left, right)
>
> as the spplot is a lattice object it should be possible
>
> I've tried the examples from http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/gallery/
> With the key.space=list(x=0.2,y=0.9,corner=c(0,1))
> But this is simply ignored

Hi Rainer,

I'm not sure whether I can help, but as soon as I include a
"key.space=list(x=0, y=0, corner=c(0,0))" into an spplot call, the color
key wanders into the plotting rectangle. The (minimal) full call here is:

print(spplot(sppdf, zcol = i, key.space=list(x=0,y=0.01,corner=c(0,0))))

(inside the postscript device for producing eps figures)

If you have, maybe post some code that we can try; or the structure of
your data frame and some further lines to experiment with.

Regards,
Georg.
--
Research Assistant
Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg (nicht in Bayern :-)
research at georgruss.de
http://research.georgruss.de