[R-sig-Geo] Non Square Pixels

Rinke rinke.heida at aris.nl
Mon Mar 14 09:10:47 CET 2011

We have a direct read solution in ArcGIS for ASCII Grids (
http://www.aris.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208:aris-ascii-grid-reader&catid=64:arcgis-tools&Itemid=162
ASCII Grid Reader ) and may plan to add functionality to read non-square
cells.

We might support XDIM/YDIM and/or XCELLSIZE/YCELLSIZE in the header in
addition to the standard ESRI ASCII Grid specifications in our ArcGIS 10
version.

This way you can see your ASCII Grid with non-square cells directly in
ArcCatalog and ArcMap.

Please let me know if this might help you. It would encourage us to
implement this.

Regards,

Rinke

rinke.heida at aris.nl