[R-sig-Geo] Open raster _ extract pixel value

Komine momadou at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 13 18:33:44 CET 2011

Hi,
I begin to work with R software to treat raster data.
Now, I have a NDVI image with a tiff extension. I want to open this image
and to extract NDVI value for some pixel which I have their coordinates.
1-	Please what is the code to open a tiff image with R ?
2-	How to extract the value of some pixel which I have their coordinate ?
NB: I hope you understand my questions with my bad English.
Thank you