[R-sig-Geo] shp to svg

Georg Ruß research at georgruss.de
Wed Mar 9 14:52:14 CET 2011

On 09/03/11 13:22:19, Marc Marí Dell'Olmo wrote:
> I would like to convert a map in shp (shapefile arcview format) format
> to a svg format with R. Does anyone know how?

You probably have to use readShapeSpatial (sp package) to get the data
into R. Then it's likely to be something like a SpatialPoints or similar
data frame which you can plot (or of which you can plot single layers)
using spplot.

I guess the plotting device would then be CairoSVG (Cairo package).

I'm just guessing since you didn't provide further info. Otherwise, you
may also try a decent GIS with a scripting interface to get reproducible
results.

Regards,
Georg.
--