[R-sig-Geo] converting lat long points to UTM

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 15:35:43 CET 2011

if you want to use Lat/Long data, you may also try the 'project'
function in the 'proj4' package:

     library(proj4)

     ## this is just very simple, because we don't want to depend on
     ## maps package, so we can't show more useful stuff..

     data(state)

     s <- project(state.center, "+proj=merc", degrees=TRUE)

     plot(s, type='n', asp=1)
     text(s,, state.abb)

(taken from '?project')

Kinds,

Mauricio

--
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469