[R-sig-Geo] HIRHAM netcdf file

Ana rrasterr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:05:21 CEST 2011

Can someone help me out with a "small" problem?

I've started using netcdf files recently, and I want to extract the
grid id and also the coordinates from a HIRHAM netcdf file.
I know how to extract a slice of dataset both in space and in time and
I also know the area that this file should cover, however I have no
idea regarding the reference for both LAT/LON and RLAT/RLON.

I tried already tried is ArcGIS to give the Lambert Conformal Conic
projection as the spatial reference, by default arcgis gets the rlat
and rlon for coordinates. however the resulting raster is displaced
from were it should be.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

A.R.