[R-sig-Geo] Generating a regular point pattern

marcelino.delacruz at upm.es marcelino.delacruz at upm.es
Thu Jul 28 19:50:49 CEST 2011

If, instead of a grid, you mean a real point pattern (from a point
pattern process) you may try several functions in spatstat.

For example,
library(spatstat)
rSSI(r=0.5, n=15, win = owin(c(0,10),c(0,10)))

generates  following a realisation (15 points) of the Simple Sequential
Inhibition (SSI) process with  inhibition radius of 0.5 (m) in a window
of 10 x 10 (m)

Other appropriate functions are rMatern and rStrauss

Cheers,
Marcelino