[R-sig-Geo] empty brick?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:47:30 CEST 2011

Thanks,
In case of large raster objects, I understand we should make sure
that each raster layer is written to disk (so that inMemory=F) and then
make a raster stack (perhaps converting to brick to eliminate the
individual files as ulterior processing would be more efficient).

It would be more transparent if the brick could be just filled

s1 <- brick(nc=nc1, nr=nr1, nb=nb1)
for (i in 1:nb1){
r <- results of processing
s1[i] <- r