[R-sig-Geo] avoid plot frame (bounding box) in spplot

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 15:04:13 CEST 2011

Caspar,
> One way out (since in R there are usually more) is
> trellis.par.set(axis.line=list(col=NA))
> then
> spplot(... etc
Cool, this works nicely...
> but then also the box around the legend dissapears. SOme one one this list
> has sent me code that corrects this bit but I cant seem to be able to find
> it at the moment.
This is indeed a bit of a problem, but for now it will work...
hopefully that someone from the list that sent you the code to correct
this is reading this :-P I'm really surprised this is such a difficult
thing to do... no wonder I keep defaulting to base graphics!

Cheers,

Carson