[R-sig-Geo] Long time listener, first time caller

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 02:54:23 CEST 2011

I see the same on Windows 7 64-bit, with 32-bit R and 64bit R.

There's no need for the transpose/flip btw:

image(volcano)

but raster graphics don't product it, so it's the underlying image C
code (which is rect under the hood)

image(volcano, useRaster = TRUE)

plot(0, xlim = c(0, 1), ylim = c(0, 1))

rasterImage((volcano - min(volcano, na.rm = TRUE)) /
diff(range(volcano, na.rm = TRUE)), 0, 0, 1, 1, interpolate = FALSE)

plot(0, xlim = c(0, 1), ylim = c(0, 1))

rasterImage((volcano - min(volcano, na.rm = TRUE)) /
diff(range(volcano, na.rm = TRUE)), 0, 0, 1, 1)

I'd like to investigate more, but will have to wait for now.

Cheers, Mike.