[R-sig-Geo] Long time listener, first time caller

Robert Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 02:40:31 CEST 2011

> Lines appear to be a GUI issue, went back to 2.13.0 and plot of raster
looks fine.

When plotting a Raster* object, raster calls the 'image' function. spplot
uses 'levelplot'. Both are affected by these white lines in R 2.13.1 on
Windows, I think (anyone seeing this on Mac or Linux? or not seeing this on
Windows?). Here is a simple test:

image(t(volcano)[ncol(volcano):1,])

In some cases there are only lines such that it seems that there are no data
values. I would expect that this will be fixed soon, but I am changing
'raster' so that the next version calls 'rasterImage' (which is not affected
and should be more efficient) in stead of 'image'.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that for now one should not use
R 2.13.1 on Windows (and perhaps other OSs) if you want to plot raster data.
Robert

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)