[R-sig-Geo] predict() LDL error

Matevž Pavlič matevz.pavlic at gi-zrmk.si
Thu Jul 14 18:18:32 CEST 2011

Hi all,

i am trying to use categorical kriging for prediction of soil classes in an area. I am pretty new to using cat. kriging in R soI probably am making some beginers mistakes. Attached is a reproducable sample with sample data.

When i try to use predict() i geta n error- I am pretty sure because some points are duplicated....in krige() function i use zerodist() which eliminates the LDL error, but i can't find a way to use it here....

I got this code (mostly) from the net, so i have some trouble understanding it...

thanks for any help and info about categorical kriging,