[R-sig-Geo] Buffer series

te_är tamara_em at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:00:02 CEST 2011

I'd like to automatically create buffers to points with a series of different
radii.
I'd intuitively tried like that (but I realized while writing that it cannot
work):

for (i in 1:10)
{
west_buf[i]<-gBuffer(west,byid=T,id=NULL,width=i,capStyle="ROUND")
cent_buf[i]<-gBuffer(cent,byid=T,id=NULL,width=i,capStyle="ROUND")
east_buf[i]<-gBuffer(east,byid=T,id=NULL,width=i,capStyle="ROUND")
}

Is there a possibility to create a series of buffers of different size, i.e.
kind of
looping the width?

thanks,
te