[R-sig-Geo] treating a Digital Elevation Map in RSAGA

Katalin Csillery kati.csillery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:11:05 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I have a Digital Elevation Map (mnt50.asc) for which I would like to
calculate slope, curvature etc. using rsaga.local.morphometry (from
RSAGA).

I am on Ubuntu. I installed saga in /usr/bin (i.e. I have saga_cmd here)
The path to mnt50.asc is /home/kati/projects/cemagref/maps

I get the following error when I first try to get the DEM in the
required format:

> rsaga.esri.to.sgrd(in.grids="mnt50", in.path="/home/kati/projects/cemagref/maps", os.default.path="/usr/bin", cmd="saga_cmd")
Error in setwd(env$workspace) : character argument expected
In addition: Warning message:
In rsaga.env() :
  SAGA command line program 'saga_cmd' not found in any of the paths
/usr/lib/R/library/RSAGA/saga_vc

/home/kati/projects/cemagref/maps
/usr/local/bin

1. "Error in setwd(env$workspace) : character argument expected" -
this I don't understand.
2. it looks for saga_cmd at the wrong place: the default
os.default.path and not what I have given.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Kati

--