[R-sig-Geo] temperature interpolation -- was: 3D kriging with gstat

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:45:25 CET 2011

This is more about kriging theory actually,
but I can't understand in which different ways the elevation information is
taken into account in the prediction process when e.g.:

 - I apply ordinary cokriging on input data which include 3D (x,y,h) spatial
coordinates;
 - I apply universal cokriging on input data with 2D (x,y) spatial
coordinates and using the elevation h as external drift on the output grid.

Piero