[R-sig-Geo] Warning: longlat data cannot do quadtree [variogram]

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:29:09 CET 2011

Hi all,
I was trying to understand the reason of the above-mentioned warning, which
is thrown as I try to compute (cross-)variograms on a gstat object but I
found no information in this forum nor elsewhere.

The gstat object is built over a SpatialPixelsDataFrame and a
SpatialPointsDataFrame.
The coordinate information is in longlat and the projection is the
following:
projargs: chr " +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs
+towgs84=0,0,0"

Do you have any clue about this?
Thank you,
Piero