[R-sig-Geo] ordering of data in polygons shapefile

Franziska Schulze franziska.schulze at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 19 10:58:24 CET 2011

Hallo,

I still have another question:

I have a polygon shapefile and I want to use it in order to construct my
neighbors object and listw object to perform spatial econometric tests
and to estimate a spatial model. The problem ist that the regions in my
shapefile are not ordered as they should be in order to match with the
other variables. Therefore, my question is whether it is possible to
order a spatial polygons data frame with respect to one of its
attributes. (The attribute is a region id number which has to ordered in
increasing order.)

Thanks in advance!