[R-sig-Geo] reading into R IPCC data files

Robert Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:51:45 CET 2011

> Thank you for all for your useful suggestions and the interesting
> discussion! I am currently trying use Professor Hijmans's code to read
> in the same file. I have already encountered one problem though. The
> code runs fine until:

I think this goes away if you update the raster package from CRAN.

I noticed one other thing that needs to be done. After

b <- brick(nrow=nr, ncol=nc)

You need to do:

xmin(b) = 0
xmax(b) = 360

And then continue.

Barry is right in saying that:

> The important point here is that you say it works on the _one_ file
> you looked at. Probably works on others. You don't know until you've
> tried. It might read it in without giving any errors but get all the
> wrong numbers and then polar bears die.

Although it should not be too hard to fix the script as you muddle along,
you obviously need to very careful.