[R-sig-Geo] suggestion to MERGE or UNION 3 shapefiles

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:09:04 CET 2011

Gianni,

My understanding is that the rgeos package would ease that sort of
things (without any gpclib licensing problems). I'm not sure if it is
stable yet. It is available through r-forge (not sure it's a CRAN
yet).

Otherwise, this sounds very much like a GIS operation: why don't you
do it in a GIS?

My 2 cents,

Pierre

2011/1/13 gianni lavaredo <gianni.lavaredo at gmail.com>:
> Dear Researchers,
>
> I have 3 shapefiles and I wish to find a way to union (or merge) to have
> only one shapefile. Do i need to use spatstat?
>
> thanks Gianni

Scientist
Landcare Research, New Zealand