[R-sig-Geo] predict.gstat and LDL factor error

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jan 11 12:33:21 CET 2011

The memory will not be the problem, that would give a different error
message. Also, zero distance between observation and prediction
locations should not be a problem.

The distance in metres is not sufficient information, as the singularity
problem is in the covariance matrix or in the design matrix. Do you have
observations with identical locations? How large is the area? Which
variogram model did you specify? Did you specify a trend?