[R-sig-Geo] recent raster package, bricks and ncdfs

Martin martin_brandt at gmx.net
Mon Jan 3 13:09:00 CET 2011

Dear raster package developers,

since my last update to the newest version bricks don't work any more with
netcdf files. I can load the data to a brick and everything seems normal,
but if i do any function I get this error:

> ncep_wa = crop(ncp, e)
Fehler in .readRowsBrickNetCDF(x, row, nrows, col, ncols, nlyrs = nlyrs) :
  unbenutzte(s) Argument(e) (nlyrs = nlyrs)

> ncep = rotate(ncp)
Fehler in .readRowsBrickNetCDF(x, row, nrows, col, ncols, nlyrs = nlyrs) :
  unbenutzte(s) Argument(e) (nlyrs = nlyrs)

the same worked with the old raster package without problems..

Martin Brandt