[R-sig-Geo] extracting coordinates

Robin W Hunnewell rhunne at mac.com
Mon Feb 28 16:59:34 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm going through some initial data inspection, and working through steps in the "Applied Spatial Data analysis with R" book.
Following steps in Ch.  2 of the "Applied Spatial Data analysis with R" book, I was able to extract a set of coordinates from my
SpatialPoints object just fine. The object returned looks right - the coordinates are extracted correctly, but my bounding box does
not change. The same min/max for coords.x1 and x2 get returned instead of a new bounding box that reflects the selection.

Not sure what I'm missing, would appreciate any help - I apologize if this is overly simple!
thanks,
Robin