[R-sig-Geo] neighbour patches

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sat Feb 26 08:54:13 CET 2011

Hi,

I am tempted to dig in graph theory and analyse connections between
discrete landscape patches. Re-reading 'Applied Spatial Data Analysis
with R' I was happy to find basics chapter 9. However, it reports on
graphs where (euclidian) distance is computed between patch centroids.

Does anybody have an idea about strategies or packages permitting to use
the shortest distance between patch borders instead (which is more
realistic with regard to animal movement) ?

Patrick