[R-sig-Geo] how to do a principle component analysis with geo-referenced points

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:23:47 CET 2011

I guess that the answer is that actually the attribute "dimnames" of the
returned x scores prcomp() can be exploited to recover the spatial reference
as far as the object has a rectangular shape in space.
My spatial object was irregularly shaped instead, then I guess that these
"dimnames" were arranged differently underneath.

Regards,
Piero