[R-sig-Geo] help tp select points of border with spatstat

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Feb 11 21:44:00 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011, at 9:56 AM, gianni lavaredo wrote:

> Dear Researchers,
>
> I have a points shapefile with wave shape. I wish to select only
> the border
> points to create a border owin with the same wave shape. I tryed to
> use
> convex.hull but the final shape is not the same. Some researchers
> have some
> suggestions?

If I understand your question correctly, what you should do is create
a data frame (say ``DF'') with columns "x" and "y" specifying the
coordinates of
the points on (the border of) your ``wave shape''.  The points should
be listed
in the ***anticlockwise*** direction, and the last point should
***not*** repeat
the first.  Then do

	W <- owin(poly=DF)

HTH.