[R-sig-Geo] Universal Kriging with factor covariate

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:32:19 CET 2011

Hi list,
I am applying Universal Kriging (a.k.a. Regression-kriging, etc), and
whether I use a factor variable as covariate (to feed the linear regression
model by lm() call), I get this error:

Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "krige", for signature
"call", "SpatialPointsDataFrame"

The same is for krige.cv.
I managed to run UK by manually adding to my Spatial object explicitly the
dummy 0/1 variables for each category used in the formula of the regression
model; but I wonder if I am doing something wrong or actually the krige
method does not support factor covariates.

Thank you,
Piero Campalani