[R-sig-Geo] Stippling

ElenaC E.Couce.07 at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 16:36:46 CET 2011

Dear all,

is there a simple way to add stippling to a map? I have my data as a
SpatialGrid data frame, with a column for a prediction value and another for
its standard deviation. I create color maps from the prediction, and would
like to indicate which areas of the map are statistically significant
(prediction is greater than the standard deviation) by plotting regular dots
on top, similar to what they do in the plots b and d of the figure:
http://www.ipcc.ch/graphics/ar4-wg1/jpg/fig-10-18.jpg

Id appreciate any suggestion!

Best regards,
Elena