[R-sig-Geo] To validate logistic regression

Komine momadou at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 21 16:26:27 CEST 2011

Hi,
I would have your help to validate my logistic regression. I know how to do
it.

rlog<-glm(Y~X,family=binomial,data=tab)
summary(rlog)
HLgof.test(fit = fitted(rlog), obs=Y)

However, I would like to validate my model. For example to divise my data in
a sample for training (66%) and a sample for validation (34%).
e.g for ma table
Area   Y     X
1      1     135
1      0     200
1      1      97
1      1     160
1      0     201
1      1     144
1       0     100

But I don't know how to do it.
1- My first problem: How to create my 2 samples from my variables Y and X
using pourcentage 66 ang 34 %?

- How to have the pourcentage of good prediction and bad prediction?

Thanks for your Help
Komine