[R-sig-Geo] Calculating/applying transition matrices from classified imagery?

Jacob van Etten jacobvanetten at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 23:32:10 CEST 2011

This is not an area I am very familiar at all, but I have also seen the use of *adjacent* cells to determine probabilities. Certain types of land use "expand", e.g. new pixels appear at the margin rather than in isolated spots (think about city expansion).

Perhaps gdistance (or Matrix) comes in handy to work with transition matrices...

Jacob.