[R-sig-Geo] get the centroids of the polygones

Jianhua Huang jh.eco.cas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:51:25 CEST 2011

Hi Danlin:

Thanks much for your help. This is really a very useful function. Does the
coordinates() function returns the coordinate value of the polygon's
centroids, or other value within or on the polygon?

I have check the function, but the introduction is not detailed enough for
me to tell whether the returned value is exactly the one I need. Here is the
introduction: http://127.0.0.1:27343/library/sp/html/coordinates.html

Thanks again for your help.

Jianhua