[R-sig-Geo] spplot, polygons, and line density fill

Matthew Landis landis at isciences.com
Fri Apr 8 17:21:57 CEST 2011

Hello again R-sig-geo-ers,

Does anyone know how to convince spplot to create a figure like
http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/gallery/#fig15.R

I would like to overlay some polygons onto a raster, and I need to do it
with spplot for the lattice functionality.  I've looked at the help and
the function code for sp.polygon and grid.polygon, as well as searched a
bit on Google, but I'm not finding anything promising, but then, I'm not
that familiar with grid graphics.

Since we're talking about R, I have a hard to time believing the answer
is "it's not possible".

<http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/gallery/#fig15.R>

--
Matthew Landis, Ph.D.