[R-sig-Geo] Support in krige/gstat

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:40:53 CEST 2011

Dear list,
I have datasets of different variables with different spatio-temporal
supports, and I'd like to [co]krige them together.

What I'd like to ask you is:
- I know that with block kriging one could estimate values over a different
support area wrt the input variables, but is one allowed to have a disparity
in the support areas among the input variables?
- which is the right way to account for different spatio-*temporal* supports
when [co]kriging data?

For what concerns the disparity in the *spatial* support, I'm assuming that
the gstat library recognizes e.g. a SpatialPixelsDataFrame as a dataset with
spatial support equal to the area of the pixels. But I'm not sure about
this.
For what concerns the different *temporal* support instead, I guess a
spatio-temporal model needs to be built up.  (?)

Really thank you for the support.
Regards,
/Piero