[R-sig-Geo] Raster package

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Fri Apr 8 08:34:42 CEST 2011

On 04/07/2011 11:26 PM, Narayani Barve wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using raster package for various operations. It is a useful package,
> but manual  / pdf contains lines which are broken and not complete. This
> happens when there is a explanation for a argument in a function. I am not
> able to read explanation for rasterize, raster, and many more function. I
> downloaded the pdf from the following link. Is there a way this could be
> fixed in the raster package project? OR Is there any other link where the
> documentation is complete ?
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/raster/raster.pdf
>
> Thanks,
> Narayani
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi,

For example the function rasterize does wrap the text in the details
correctly. In the PDF the text disappears from the page. In the online
help pages (?rasterize) there is wrapping, but it looks quite ugly.
Maybe the .Rd describe environment is not very good at multi-line
descriptions? So, Narayani, you can read the documentation online using
R itself, which does show all the text.

cheers,
Paul

--