[R-sig-Geo] ppp unique point coordinates?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 7 13:38:09 CEST 2011

The ppp() function simply gives you a ***warning*** if there are duplicated
points; duplications are permitted.

However you should be careful.

The theory on which most point process theory rests assumes that the
processes are ***simple***,  so there can be no duplicated points.  Hence
any methodology that invokes the usual theory will be invalid for your
patterns.

If you are not invoking any such methodology, then go for it.

If you don't like getting the warnings, then you could use

     suppressWarnings()

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner