[R-sig-Geo] Variance estimation of an krigged area

Sébastien Durand v8extra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:29:05 CEST 2011

Hello to all,

Since I did not get any answers I will reformulate my question may be I was not clear enough.

I am try to obtain one estimation variance of a whole area. That area is found within a SpatialPolygons, and it was also krigged using a regular grid.

I am looking for a similar "var" value as the one obtained for each point of the grid, but a value that would apply to the whole surface surface of interest.

That question would also apply to block krigging.

I guess my question would be when we do block krigging using krige, is the variance error (var) given by the krige function is computed for the whole block krigged or only for the central point of the block (a punctual estimation)....

 Thanks to all!

Sébastien