[R-sig-Geo] impacts in spdep does not work for me when there is only one predictor

Eelke Folmer e.o.folmer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 12:47:41 CEST 2010

Dear Roger and others,

Using the impacts function in spdep to calculate distributions (on the
regression parameters from the spatial lag model) I encountered the
following problem: when there is only one exogenous predictor in the
model the impacts function won't give the output summary of the mcmc
simulations. Given the time the function takes to produce the error I
think that the simulations do run.

I tried the same on the columbus data where it also happens

example(columbus)
listw <- nb2listw(col.gal.nb)
lobj  <- lagsarlm(CRIME ~ INC, columbus, listw)
summary(lobj)
imp   <- impacts(lobj, listw=birds.wlist, R=100)
summary(imp,  zstats=TRUE)

Error in dimnames(x) <- dn :
   length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent

lobj  <- lagsarlm(CRIME ~ INC + HOVAL, columbus, listw)
summary(lobj)
imp   <- impacts(lobj, listw=birds.wlist, R=100)
summary(imp,  zstats=TRUE)

works fine.

I hope I didn't miss anything obvious.
Thanks in advance,