[R-sig-Geo] negative r-squares

Pinar Aslantas Bostan aslantas at metu.edu.tr
Fri Sep 10 10:39:00 CEST 2010

Dear Jason, Edzer and Caspar,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I really feel better because
now (at least) I know that I didn't make mistake about variables and
implementation of methods. I will try to make adjustment of degrees of
freedom and using mean of the training dataset for calculating errors
and r-square. As Edzer said, if the test dataset has an outlier
(higher precipitation than mean; like 2200 mm) then I obtained the
r-square negative!

Best regards and good luck with your studies,
Pinar

Alinti Jason Gasper <Jason.Gasper at noaa.gov>