[R-sig-Geo] Problem with spatstat

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Sep 6 17:08:33 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Rodrigo De Carreras
<rodrigodecarreras at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dr. Baddeley, thanks for your answer
>
> I agree with you, it is not an error with spatstat but an error
> that appears when I call spatstat with library("spatstat")
> or require("spatstat") inmediately after the R startup.
>
> Is spatstat calling mgcv by default?

 mgcv is a requirement for spatstat, so when you do library(spatstat)
it does a library(mgcv). It also requries "deldir" as well - you can
see in the messages when spatstat loads without problems:

 > library(spatstat)
This is mgcv 1.6-1. For overview type `help("mgcv-package")'.
deldir 0.0-12

     Please note: The process for determining duplicated points
     has changed from that used in version 0.0-9 (and previously).

spatstat 1.20-3
Type ‘help(spatstat)’ for an overview of spatstat
     ‘latest.news()’ for news on latest version
     ‘licence.polygons()’ for licence information on polygon calculations

Barry