[R-sig-Geo] Problem with spatstat

Rodrigo De Carreras rodrigodecarreras at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 20:53:17 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I am working with the "ape" package in order to produce
some minimum spanning trees and I am using the
"spatstat" package to perform some additional analysis.

I worked with spatstat many times without problems,
but now when I call for the package the following
error appears with mgcv:

require("spatstat")

Error : .onAttach failed in attachNamespace() for 'mgcv', details:
call: formatDL(nm, txt, indent = max(nchar(nm, "w")) + 3)
error: incorrect values of 'indent' and 'width'
Error: package 'mgcv' could not be loaded

I tried to install mgcv alone using install.packages("mgcv")
but the error persists.

I am working in a Mac Book Pro through Snow Leopard.

Any idea about how to solve it?

Thanks a lot,

Rodrigo